Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.John Maxwell
Call 615-697-3481 to schedule an appointment now!
Quantify Fitness is about more than just physical fitness – now at the smart-gym is Brain Fitness Neurofeedback using NeurOptimal®! Quantify Fitness is the first, and currently only place in Tennessee with NeurOptimal®, developed by Clinical Psychologists it is the world’s first and only Dynamical Neurofeedback™ brain training system. With 17 years and well over 3 MILLION hours of use worldwide, NeurOptimal® is an advanced, time-tested, safe and effective neurofeedback system.
NeurOptimal® is a 100% non-invasive, drug-free, brain-training system to help people reach peak performance, happiness and well-being. Users report enjoying the benefits of reduced stress, improved sleep and relief from conditions that used to hold them back from becoming all they were meant to be.
What is Neurofeedback?
NeurOptimal®’s EEG biofeedback (a.k.a. neurofeedback) system is a powerful technology that can greatly enhance your well-being and generally help you get the most out of life. Training your brain to function at its best can unlock untapped cognitive potential and put you on the path to achieving long-held goals and dreams.
Biofeedback has been around for almost 40 years, but its practical use was inhibited by the scarcity of a practical delivery system. In the past, a neurofeedback interface would require a room full of computers and technicians. Today, this powerful technology can be loaded on a small tablet computer.
Because neurofeedback has been time-tested, it is also very safe. Respected institutions such as the U.S. Federal Drug Administration and American Pediatrics Academy have endorsed neurofeedback.
How Neurofeedback Works
The NeurOptimal® proprietary neurofeedback system is highly personalized brain training software that prompts the central nervous system to help make the best use of your brain’s neural resources.
Neurofeedback training for the brain is similar to physical training for the body. Much of our suffering comes from pervasive recurring thoughts and feelings in which our minds become emotionally stranded or cognitively “stuck”.
Neurofeedback prompts the brain to draw from its existing resources and pull itself out of these mental “ruts”. The result is a more open and positive mindset in which obstacles are more manageable and problems more resolvable.
Much like a mirror that promotes self-correction, NeurOptimal®’s proprietary neurofeedback software monitors the electrical activity of your brain and then provides “feedback” to your central nervous system about what it is doing. When the software detects turbulence, it sends an audible signal that allows the brain to make better decisions for itself. The more training a brain does, the better it functions, providing an optimal environment for being your best.
Benefits of Using Neurofeedback
Neurofeedback training can provide a multitude of benefits for the brain and body, including: improved sleep, heightened mental clarity and enhanced cognitive performance.
Thousands of trainers and clients have used the NeurOptimal® system with great successes, reporting reductions in a number of physical, emotional and cognitive complaints – See NeurOptimal® Client Efficacy Survey. These fall into a few general categories:
Physical, Cognitive and Emotional Challenges – Adults, as well as children, have used NeurOptimal® neurofeedback, reporting shifts in negative effects arising from depression, anxiety, PTSD, Alzheimer’s, autism, sleep disorders, misophonia and other complaints. The FDA has even approved neurofeedback for stress reduction.
As of November of 2012, the American Pediatric Academy has endorsed neurofeedback, aka EEG biofeedback, as a “Level 1/Best Support” treatment for children with ADHD. Furthermore, the APA has equated neurofeedback with medication in terms of efficacy for resolving ADHD.
The studies that PracticeWise cited as supporting their decision were:
- Beauregard, M., & Levesque, J. (2006). Functional magnetic resonance imaging investigation of the effects of neurofeedback training on neural bases of selective attention and response inhibition in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Applied Psychology and Biofeedback, 31, 3–20.
- Gevensleben, H., Holl, B., Albrecht, B., Vogel, C., Schlamp, D., et al. (2009). Is neurofeedback an efficacious treatment for ADHD?: A randomized con¬trolled clinical trial. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 50, 780–789.
- Levesque, J., Beauregard, M., & Men¬sour, B. (2006). Effect of neurofeedback training on the neural substrates of selective attention in children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: A functional magnetic resonance imaging study. Neuroscience Letters, 394, 216–221.
Omizo, M. M., & Michael, W. B. (1982). Biofeedback-induced relaxation training and impulsivity, attention to task, and locus of control among hyperactive boys. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 15, 414–416.
- Rivera, E., & Omizo, M. M. (1980). The effects of relaxation and biofeedback on attention to task and impulsivity among male hyperactive children. The Exceptional Child, 27, 41–51.
General Wellness – NeurOptimal® neurofeedback encourages a positive mental outlook and a deeper understanding of the mind/body connection. For those looking to enhance their daily health and wellness, neurofeedback training can be an excellent supplement to a healthy diet and exercise routine.
Brain Fitness/Age Remediation – Along with healthy lifestyle choices, NeurOptimal® neurofeedback can be a powerful tool to mediate cognitive decline that naturally occurs as we age. Just as physical exercise benefits the body, NeurOptimal® keeps the brain fit and resilient. Neurofeedback can help improve memory and recall, and increase overall cognitive dexterity in older individuals.
Peak Physical Mental Performance – A growing number of Olympic and professional athletes now use neurofeedback to provide that critical mental edge which often results in gold medals and championships. When competitors are separated by 100ths of a second, the improved mental focus and physical performance neurofeedback provides can mean the difference between winning and losing. But you don’t have to be a pro athlete to enjoy the benefits of neurofeedback. Looking to improve your golf game? Want to be a better pitcher for your company softball team? NeurOptimal® can help.
Improved Academic Performance – Because neurofeedback training enhances concentration and mental focus, students use NeurOptimal® as a critical tool to improve their performance in school. Unlike so-called “smart drugs” or neuro-enhancing pharmaceuticals, NeurOptimal® is 100% drug-free and has no known side effects.
What Happens in a Session?
A NeurOptimal® trainer may have you fill out a survey listing the complaints and/or challenges that have brought you in to do neurofeedback training.
You will be placed in a quiet space and in a comfortable position. The trainer will attach special sensors to your head that will feed your brain wave patterns into the NeurOptimal® program’s software.
A neurofeedback training session is relaxing, enjoyable and typically lasts about 30 minutes. As the session starts, you will hear music play though headphones and perhaps watch relaxing geometric images gently morph across a computer screen. You will hear occasional “skips” or interruptions in the music – this is the signal that prompts your brain to “reset” and optimize itself.
At the end of a session, you will most likely feel less stressed and more mentally clear. It is unlikely you will experience any negative after-effects as NeurOptimal® does not artificially “push” the brain in any specific direction. Many users experience deeper sleep and vivid dreams after their very first session.
How is NeurOptimal® different from other systems?
There are a few key factors that distinguish NeurOptimal® from other neurofeedback systems:
1. NeurOptimal® is effective because it is designed to work best with your individual brain. It does not attempt to “fix” predetermined conditions or pin down specific problems. This was a limitation in many earlier neurofeedback systems. Often, resolving one problem in one area could cause problems elsewhere. The heart of the NeurOptimal® system -Dynamical Neurofeedback®- is a proprietary technology based in neuroscience and specifically designed with the naturally non-linear function of the human brain in mind. NeurOptimal® is built to harness the incredibly dynamic nature of your brain in a way other systems simply cannot match. As a result, this neurofeedback system can be used effectively to address a wide array of complaints without specifically “targeting” them from the outset of the training.
2. NeurOptimal® neurofeedback is extremely safe. Research shows your own brain “knows best” and therefore the NeurOptimal® brain training system does not force or “push” the brain in any one direction. Basically, Dynamical Neurofeedback® provides your brain with the information it needs to correct itself and function at its most optimal. NeurOptimal® simply enables your own brain’s natural process of self-correction.
3. NeurOptimal® requires no effort on the user’s part. Some brain training systems require the user to “interact” by playing games or solve puzzles during sessions. This additional level of interaction is unnecessary with the NeurOptimal® neurofeedback system. During a training session, you can simply relax and enjoy!
How NeurOptimal® Works
NeurOptimal® measures and analyzes the dynamical variability of the the electrical activity in the brain by comparing it to itself in a specific time frame of 256 readings/sec. Using this information NeurOptimal® informs the brain on what it just did by interrupting the music the client is listening to and helping the brain to self-regulate its own activity in an unconscious manner. A flexible brain can easily shift from one state to another while a disregulated brain might get stuck in a specific state if it does not have the flexibility to shift and adjust to a specific situation. NeurOptimal® training focuses on improving the brain's resilience and flexibility, thereby assisting it in leading to a reduction in problems and issues.
- Sensors on the scalp measure mVoltage – electrical activity of the brain
- Hardware amplifies the signal and filters out line noise (EMF interference) to measure only the brain's activity
- Software performs a Joint Time Frequency Analysis (JTFA) to calculate time-frequency events and the moment to moment activity of the brain and its changes
- When unusual events are detected the music is interrupted (negative feedback) to create an Orienting response (Brings the brain back to the present moment) and allow the brain to autoregulate while searching for a homeodynamic balance
The brain is capable of optimal functioning unless one’s central nervous system is off kilter
- Non-Function = Disorganized
- Function = Organized
- Memory Problems
- Poor Task Performance
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Feeling Low/Sad
- Difficulty Paying Attention
- Feeling Anxious
- Low Immune System
- Feeling Stressed/Overwhelmed
- Feeling “Off”
- Increased Resilience
- Increased Flexibility
- Increased Clarity
- Reduced Anxiousness
- More Fluid/Focus
- Make Better Decisions
- Happier Overall
- Less Reactive/More Proactive
- Handle Stress Better
- “Complaints” Drop Away
- Overall Health Better
- Fall Into “Black Holes” Less Often/Not as Long/Not as Intense
- Higher Attention Span
- Peak Performance
- More “On” Days Than “Off”
NeurOptimal® Success Stories
Back From the Brink of TBI
Following a terrible accident, a mother uses neurofeedback brain training on her comatose son to help him recover from TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). Attending doctors and nurses are amazed at how rapidly her son recovers.
Jean Alvarez shares her story of overcoming the neurological issues associated with cancer and cancer treatment – aka chemobrain – and how she used NeurOptimal® neurofeedback to overcome it. You can also read the results of Dr. Alvarez’ chemobrain study here.
Things I Can't Say
Fitting in at school is hard. NeurOptimal Neurofeedback makes it easier by helping kids focus, learn and manage their anxiety.
A Non-Drug Approach to Sleeping Better
Sleep Recovery Centers showcases client interviews and a description of how their sleep training program works. Sedative Hypnotic Addiction to Ambien and Lunesta is also discussed. Program greatly reduces Ambien withdrawals and teaches the brain how to achieve normal, healthy sleep naturally.
A Drugless Solution for ADD
Rae Tattenbaum, LCSW and psychotherapist, is devoted to helping people reach their full potential through Neurofeedback training. This film tells the story of Jack, a client of Rae’s with attention issues, who has learned through Neurofeedback how to be more focused, both in and out of school.
Miracles Every Day
For many NeurOptimal users, brain training with NeurOptimal® neurofeedback is almost an undescribable life-altering experience. In this video, you can watch NeurOptimal® trainers comment on the remarkable transformations they have witnessed first hand with their clients after using the NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback system.
Happy Headway Clients
Remarkable personal stories from NeurOptimal® neurofeedback clients at Headway Health in Austin, Texas.
The best Mother’s Day gift is your family’s health and wellness. One young mom discusses helping her 4 month old son overcome night terrors naturally, without the use of invasive or potentially harmful drugs.
This is Your Brain on NeurOptimal®
Trainers and users of the NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback system share their experiences about brain training.
Palm Springs couple Kathy and Jonesy discover NeurOptimal® neurofeedback at an extremely challenging and stressful time in their lives: when Jonesy is diagnosed with cancer.
Finding Your Balance
This neurofeedback user literally finds his balance after using NeurOptimal. Brain training helps Aaron from Perth Australia learn how to slackline.
Spiders in the Brain: Biofeedback for Anxiety
In this short film by NeurOptimal® trainer Rae Tattenbaum, a young client reveals how neurofeeedback helped to quell his anxieties and fears.
Stop by Quantify Fitness and get the most out of life! Find your next level with NeurOptimal®.
*NeurOptimal® is a training, not a treatment. Consequently, NeurOptimal® does not require diagnosis or treatment planning. You should be under the care of a physician for any medical disorder.
Share This Post: